LET’S TALK ABOUT THEATRE!
Let’s Talk About Theatre will feature interviews with playwrights and other contributing artists of past and future shows. The interviews will be focused on shows from our upcoming 30th Anniversary Season as well as conversations about past programming. The program will be offered as a video series and an audio podcast.
Let’s Talk About Theatre guests will include Dave Malloy, the Tony Award-winning creator of Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 and Stew, co-creator of Passing Strange. Other guests will include Drama Desk nominee Adam Bock (A Small Fire), Eliana Pipes (Dream Hou$e), and Beth Wilmurt (The Cassandra Sessions: Recording Your World).
Talks will continue through the end of the year and will feature Anna Moench, Lisa VillaMil, Cathleen Riddley, and more!
More dates will be announced over the coming weeks, so check back!
- June 10 - Playwright Diana Oh (My H8 Letter to the Gr8 American Theatre), director Mina Morita, and Leigh Rondon-Davis.
- June 24 - The Cassandra Sessions co-creators Beth Wilmurt and Jake Rodriguez with Patrick Dooley.
- Listen to a recording of the talk.
- Watch highlights from the discussion.
- The Cassandra Sessions is based on the work of Malvina Reynolds. Get her CD, Ear to the Ground
- Watch Love It Like a Fool, the Malvina Reynolds documentary
- July 8 - Tony, Obie, and Drama Desk award winner Dave Malloy (Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 creator) with co-directors Erin Mei-Ling Stuart and Patrick Dooley.
- July 22 - Playwright Eliana Pipes (Dream Hou$e), director Karina Gutiérrez, and Leigh Rondon-Davis.
- August 5 - Babes in Ho-lland playwright Deneen Reynolds-Knott and Leigh Rondon-Davis.
- August 23: Playwright Adam Bock (A Small Fire), director Mary Ann Rodgers, and Shotgun Players Artistic Director Patrick Dooley.
- November 4 - Playwright Madison Wetzell (The Lost Ballad of Our Mechanical Ancestor), director Ciera Eis, and Leigh Rondon-Davis.
- November 18 - Musician & writer Stew (Passing Strange), director William Hodgson, and Patrick Dooley.