M.A.D. Design Fellowships
The design fellow will work alongside a mentor designer to gain hands on experience in a production environment. Skills will be developed in collaborative discussion with an artistic team, research, and problem-solving within a design from concept outlines through tech. This fellowship is a maximum of 80 hours over 5–7 weeks, from the start of the production process until opening night.
- Attend design and prep meetings between director and designer
- Research materials and sources for preliminary design
- Assist with paperwork and execution of design (ex: scenic drafting, light/speaker/projector plot, costume renderings, etc.)
- Assist in preparing design presentations for first production meeting
- Attend design run-throughs
- Participate in production meetings
- Attend load in and tech rehearsals, problem-solve, maintain quality control/integrity of design, and other issues during tech
- Be a critical eye and report any notes to designer
Prior experience in theatrical design and construction on at least one production (either academic or non-academic), superior communication and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects, and proficiency in standard software for your field (ex. Vectorworks, Lightwright, QLab, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Suite).
Up to 80 hours total
Shotgun offers a $600 stipend per production.
Deadline to Apply
Sunday, January 6, 2019