M.A.D. Production Management Fellowship
The production management fellowship is a 6-month program. The purpose of this experience is to give the fellow a comprehensive look at the work and responsibilities of a production manager for a mid-sized, regional theatre company. The fellow will work an average of 20 hours per week, with some evening and weekend commitments, depending on production schedule.
- Get familiar with the plays for Shotgun's main stage and reading series program in order to participate in discussions on production, design, and thematic elements
- Attend design run throughs of main stage and reading series productions
- Attend and take notes for production meetings
- Assist production manager with preparing theater and rehearsal spaces for rehearsals and techs, and provide additional support during tech/preview weeks
- Oversee technical needs for reading series performances, under the mentorship of the production manager
- Participate in the scheduling and budgeting processes for the following season
- Provide production support for Shotgun’s co-production with TheatreFIRST at the Live Oak Theatre in late March/April
- Some experience in production management or stage management for at least one production (either academic or non-academic)
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Sheets and Docs in particular)
- Enthusiasm for learning how to use new tools and technologies in theatre
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Shotgun offers $150/week stipend to offset travel expenses.
Deadline to Apply
Sunday, January 6, 2019