Updated October 19, 2021
We are so excited to welcome you back to the Ashby Stage!
We commit to doing everything we can to keep our audiences, artists, and staff as safe as possible.
We understand that, after over a year and a half of physical distancing, returning to indoor spaces will bring up questions and concerns. (Trust us: we’re right there with you.) With this in mind, we will make every effort to ensure that all patrons are following the below protocols & expectations while at the theater.
As always, if you have questions, we’re happy to shine a light on them! Contact our box office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.841.6500 ext. 303.
We thank you for taking these precautions seriously so that we can all stay safe and stay open.
COVID-19 Protocols & Expectations
- All patrons must present proof of full vaccination , along with a photo ID, before entering our premises. Patrons may show their physical card, a photo of their card, or a digital vaccine record.
- All Shotgun staff, production team members, and performers are fully vaccinated, and receive weekly PCR tests.
- Shotgun Players does not keep records of either photo IDs or vaccination status.
- We are unfortunately unable to welcome patrons under 12 years old at this time. We look forward to updating this policy once vaccinations are available to younger individuals.
Due to the overwhelming preponderance of evidence about the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines, we firmly believe that requiring proof of vaccination at the door supports our company’s commitment to the health and safety of our performers, staff, and patrons.
We additionally understand that this policy means that not everyone will be able to join us at the theater. As part of our commitment to accessibility, we will continue to provide live stream and recorded options whenever possible for those who cannot join us in person.
If you or someone you know is vaccine hesitant, we highly recommend The Vaccine Equity Cooperative, which vets and compiles resources around COVID-19 vaccines and public health practices, with specific focus on supporting BIPOC communities.
- All patrons will be required to wear a CDC-compliant face mask over their nose and mouth in all areas of the theatre and throughout the performances.
- For the safety of performers and patrons, there is no eating or drinking in the theater. You are welcome to enjoy water in the lobby both before the show, as well as any time you might need it during the performance. We're happy to reseat you as soon as possible when you're done!
- All Shotgun staff (excluding performers on stage during the show) will be masked.
- Our 2021 performances are capped at 75% capacity.
- Our 2022 shows are being sold at 100% capacity.
- All seating is assigned. Patrons can choose their seats at the time they make their reservation.
We may increase or decrease our capacity based on recommendations from the city & state.
Please note that, due to the layout of our theater, we cannot guarantee distanced seating, so patrons will sit near patrons outside of their household. If this concerns you, we invite you to join us for our online performances.
- If you are sick, you can reach out to our Box Office to have your ticket rescheduled to another night or live stream at no additional cost.
- Our theater has a new air filtration system, including a Reme HALO-LED ionized hydro-peroxide air cleaner.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the theater and lobby.
- Concessions will be closed until further notice. Patrons are welcome to use Shotgun-provided disposable cups to get water in the lobby, but no food or drink will be allowed in the theater.
Reporting positive cases of COVID
No matter the mitigation steps we take, there is always the risk that a member of our vaccinated community contracts COVID.
For that reason, we would greatly appreciate hearing from you if you receive a positive COVID test within the week after you attended this performance so that we can notify Shotgun staff, performers, and any possible affected patrons. You can contact us at email@example.com or at 510.841.6500 ext. 303
We will never divulge your name or information when issuing COVID notifications.
Your assistance can help your community avoid group COVID outbreaks, so we thank you in advance for your commitment to safety.
We want to recognize that COVID-19 continues to throw curveballs our way. Though we hope to perform every show as scheduled, if we cancel a show due to illness or public health recommendations, we will be in contact with all ticket holders as soon as possible in order to reschedule reservations.
Informing patrons about policy changes:
We are constantly learning new information about COVID-19 and public health & safety. This page will be continually updated with our most current policies.
In the unlikely event that we need to change our policies during the run of a show, all ticket holders will be alerted by email at the earliest opportunity.
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we eagerly await welcoming you back. If you have any questions, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org