Directions to the Ashby Stage
The Ashby Stage is located at 1901 Ashby Avenue, at the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, in Berkeley, California.
Click here for a map of our location.
The Ashby Stage is BARTable! The theater is just across the street from the northwest corner of the Ashby BART parking lot. For information about train schedules, please visit the BART website.
From the East Bay, take AC Transit bus #12 via Martin Luther King, Jr. Way or #49 via Ashby Avenue—both buses stop directly in front of the theater. From the San Francisco bus terminal, take the F, and get off at the corner of Ashby Avenue and Adeline Street. The theater will be one block west.
By car, from San Francisco
Take highway I-80 east to the Ashby Avenue exit. Follow Ashby Avenue approximately 1.5 miles. The theater will be on your left.
By car, from Walnut Creek
Take CA-24 W to the Telegraph Avenue exit in Oakland. Turn right onto Telegraph Avenue. Turn left onto Ashby Avenue. The theater will be on your right in 1.25 miles.
We heartily recommend Sweet Adeline Bakeshop, Flacos, Kirala, and Easy Creole. For a complete list of dining options, take a gander at Yelp's South Berkeley restaurant list.
You may park in the Ashby BART parking lot for free after 3pm on weekdays. On weekends, due to the Berkeley Flea Market, limited parking is available. Street parking surrounding the Ashby Stage has no time limits after 6pm.
Bike lockers are available at the Ashby BART station. To order a card to access the locker, visit bikelink.org.
Explore the Neighborhood
Looking for something fun to do before or after seeing a show at the Ashby Stage? South Berkeley is full of options, and here are just a couple:
- Enjoy a cup of coffee at Rasa Caffe
- Grab a sweet treat at Sweet Adeline
- Find clothing and home décor at the Ashby Flea Market
Night out with friends
- Find a new going-out ensemble at Empress Vintage
- Share a plate at Lemat Restaurant
- Get a pre- or post-show drink at Hoi Polloi
- Share the most deliciously filling meal at Easy Creole
- Enjoy Japanese cuisine (and cozy up in a booth) at Kirala
- Have a ball at Yeti Sports Bar and Restaurant
- Grab a post-show It’s-It Ice Cream Sandwich to share at Ashby Supermarket