Adapted & Translated by Melinda Lopez
Based on the play by Federico García Lorca
Directed by Katja Rivera
Performances start May 20, 2023
Post-show Talkbacks: Thursdays and Sundays
Live-Streamed & Video on Demand Performances: June 1 and June 8! Book your tickets on Overture+
M.A.D Night : June 1
Haptic Tour & Audio Description: June 4
Set in Southern California in the 1930s, Yerma is Lorca’s lyrical exploration of infertility, feminism, and obsession. Yerma is a woman who deeply loves her husband Juan, but she longs above all to have a child. In this darkly poetic fable, Yerma’s all-consuming desire propels her into a collision with the universe that is urgent and terrible in scope.
Runtime is 2 hours including one intermission.
Production sponsors: May Lynne & Timothy Gill, Naomi Janowitz & Andrew Lazarus, Pepi Ross & Jason Marks, Patricia & Merrill Shanks
Season sponsors: Anonymous, Craig & Kathy Moody; Les & Sue Polgar
Share link: shotgunplayers.org/online/article/yerma
Tickets & Discounts
- Subscribers, you must log in to get your tickets.
- What are $10 M.A.D. tickets for patrons under 25 years old, and how can I reserve them?
- What are $15 Community tickets, and how can I reserve them?
- How do I book tickets online?
- What are your ticketing policies?
- What are your health & safety policies?